This in-house class will cover the following:
- The elements of a sewing machine
- How to thread your machine
- How to operate the machine and use the most popular stitches
- How to cut, tack and prepare fabric for sewing
- Tips and hints to get the most out of your machine
In the first half of the class, students will learn all the basics of their machine and practice their sewing. In the second half, students will put into practice all they have learned and make their own tote bag.
Costs & Inclusions:
This course costs €50 and includes:
- All tuition
- Use of a sewing machine (it is not possible to bring your own machine to this class)
- All fabric and cord
- All patterns and instructions
- 10% discount code to shop on thecraftcabin.ie or in-store
Students must bring their own sewing kit, which should include thread, pins, needles, scissors, a seam ripper, and measuring tape. The kit can be added to your order by choosing the drop-down list above.
Students will also need to bring a packed lunch or a snack.
Saturday 2nd March | 10.30am – 2.30pm
If the student has any medical conditions, allergies or food intolerances please let us know when booking.
Please note that our workroom is upstairs and therefore, unfortunately, not accessible to those who cannot manage stairs.