Get all coordinated with a new matching kitchen set! In our one day class you’ll make a tea cozy, a pot mat for your oven-to-table hot dishes, and some complementary place mats. and you’ll be armed with all the information and confidence to finish the set at home!
In the course students will learn:
- How to work with fabric and complement colours
- How to cut out basic patchwork shapes
- How to read a sewing pattern
- How to assemble and sew
- How to work with wadding
- How to use bias binding to do edges
- How to finish pieces
Students will be introduced to some basic patchwork techniques. Patchwork experience is not essential but students must be able to use a sewing machine. You can use our machines or bring your own.
Cost and Inclusions:
The course is €70 for one day and includes:
- All tuition from an experienced – and patient – tutor
- All wadding and bias binding needed
- All patterns and instructions needed
- Use of our sewing machines
- Lunch and refreshments
- 10% discount on stock
Students should bring their own material of choice which should be 100% cotton. 4 different pieces should be brought which coordinate and complement each other. We suggest using a fat quarter bundle as coordinating fabric is bundled together in 50cm pieces that are easy to work with and perfect for this project. Call us or pop into the shop for advice on fabric.
Here are the materials and tools needed for the project:
- 5 Fat Quarters
- 0.5m Co-ordinating fabric
- 0.25m Calico
- Scissors, pins, needles, tape, pencil & notepad
Students on the course get a 10% discount on supplies bought in The Craft Cabin on the day.
- Saturday 5th November 10.30am – 4.30pm
Booking & More Info:
Online booking available soon. Please pop into the shop or call us on 00353 49 95 27424 to book your space. A 50% deposit is needed to secure your booking and full payment must be paid in advance.
A 50% deposit is needed to secure your booking and full payment must be paid in advance. For more information call us on 00353 49 9527424 or email us at email@example.com