In the workshop students will cover the following:
- The basics of working with fabric and complementing colours
- How to cut, press and pin the blanket
- How to assemble
- How to attach bias binding as an edging
- Finishing touches and embellishments
In this half-day course, students will complete their blanket, ready to be used or gifted! Students must be able to use a sewing machine. You can use our machines or bring your own.
COSTS & INCLUSIONS:
This is half-day course (4 Hours), costs €45 and it includes:
- All tuition from an experienced tutor
- All fleece needed
- Some basic materials used in the class
- Use of our sewing machines
If possible students should bring their own basic sewing kit (scissors, tape measure, pins etc) and material of choice. 100% cotton is best for baby blankets. You will need:
- 1 metre fabric of your choice or a panel of your choice
- 2 contrasting threads
- Complementary bias binding.
Alternatively, students can pick up a kit from us at €10 (50% off from retail price). This contains everything you need for the class.
Call us or pop into the shop for advice on fabric.
Students on the course get a 10% discount on fabrics/supplies bought in The Craft Cabin on the day.
- Thursday 10th November 10.30am – 2.30pm
- Saturday 19th November 10.30am – 2.30pm
BOOKING & MORE INFO:
Online booking available soon. Please pop into the shop or call us on 00353 49 95 27424 to book your space. A 50% deposit is needed to secure your booking and full payment must be paid in advance.
A 50% deposit is needed to secure your booking and full payment must be paid in advance. For more information call us on 00353 49 9527424 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org