This is a four-week course that will walk you through all the elements needed to complete a blanket from scratch. Our patchwork groups are small so you get lots of time with the tutor. In the workshop students will cover the following:
In the workshop students will cover the following:
- The basics of working with fabric and complementing colours
- How to prepare and cut fabric using a rotary cutter
- The importance of pressing and pinning fabric
- How to assemble fabric piece together
- How to work with wadding and backing fabrics
- How to make and attach bias binding to edge the finished piece
- Finishing touches
10 hours of tuition is given over four weeks but students may need to work on their pieces at home. Students must be able to use a sewing machine and some experience in patchwork is recommended. You can use our sewing machines or bring your own.
COSTS & INCLUSIONS:
This course is €115 and it includes:
- All tuition from an experienced – and patient – tutor. 10 hours over 4 weeks
- Some basic materials used in the class
- Use of our sewing machines
Students should bring their own basic sewing kit (scissors, tape measure, pins etc), patchwork tools (cutting mat, ruler and rotary cutter) and material of choice. It should be 100% cotton. You will need:
- 1 piece – 44″ x 2 yds (Light print for blocks and borders)
- 1 piece – 44″ x 2 yds (Dark print for blocks, setting pieces and binding)
- 1 piece – 1 3/4 yds for the backing
- 2 contrasting threads
We will supply the batting you need. Call us or pop into the shop for advice on fabric.
Students on the course get a 10% discount on fabrics/supplies bought in The Craft Cabin on the day.
Start date: Tuesday 5th July | 10.30am – 1pm. Then on 12th, 19th and 26th at the same time.
BOOKING & MORE INFO:
A 50% deposit is needed to secure your booking and full payment must be paid in advance.
For more information call us on 00353 49 9527424 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org