In the workshop students will cover the following:
- The basics of working with fabric and complementing colours
- How to measure and cut fabric using rotary cutters
- How to press fabric and sew appropriately
- How to assemble the inner plate, the front pieces and a pocketed back cover
- Finishing touches
In our one-day sewing class, you will learn to cut, press and assemble all the pieces required for the pattern. Our tutor Mary will pass on her expert tips and hints on patchwork techniques.
COSTS & INCLUSIONS:
This course is €70 and it includes:
- All tuition from an experienced – and patient – tutor
- Some basic materials used in the class
- Use of our sewing machines
Students should bring their own basic sewing kit (scissors, tape measure, pins etc) and material of choice. It should be 100% cotton. You will need:
- 3 pieces – 6″ x 12″ fabric
- 1 piece – 8″ x 18″ co-ordinating fabric
- 1/2 metre co-ordinating fabric
- 1 fat quarter in co-ordinating colours to above
- Matching thread
We will supply the batting needed. Call us or pop into the shop for advice on fabric.
Students on the course get a 10% discount on fabrics/supplies bought in The Craft Cabin on the day.
Saturday 23rd July | 10.30am – 4.30pm
BOOKING & MORE INFO:
A 50% deposit is needed to secure your booking and full payment must be paid in advance.
For more information call us on 00353 49 9527424 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org