Have you a little girl at home who would look even prettier in a homemade dress made by you? With a wide variety of fabrics and contemporary patterns your little daughter, niece, granddaughter, or neighbour could rock this pinafore dress!
In the workshop students will cover the following:
- The basics of working with fabric and complementing colours
- How to layout a pattern, tack and cut
- How to assemble – use of various stitches
- Finishing touches and embellishments
In our one-day sewing class, you will cut and sew your very own children’s dress. The pretty pinafore dress is suitable for ages 3-9 years. Students must be able to use a sewing machine. You can use our machines or bring your own.
Costs & Inclusions:
This course is €70 and it includes:
- All tuition from an experienced – and patient – tutor
- Some basic materials used in the class
- Use of our sewing machines
Students should bring their own basic sewing kit (scissors, tape measure, pins etc) and material of choice. It should be 100% cotton. You will need:
- 1 piece – 45″ x 1 3/8 yds OR 1 piece – 60″ x 1 yd
- 3 pieces – 5″ x 6″ remnant pieces for flowers
- Contrasting thread
We will supply the interfacing, buttons and ric rac. Call us or pop into the shop for advice on fabric. Students on the course get a 10% discount on fabrics/supplies bought in The Craft Cabin on the day.
Saturday 15th July
Booking & More Info:
A 50% deposit is needed to secure your booking offline and full payment must be paid in advance. To book or for more information call us on 00353 49 9527424 or email us at email@example.com