Learn (or re-learn!) the basics of patchwork and make this beautiful Christmas table runner!
This class will cover the following:
- The basic tools needed for patchwork and how to use them
- How to plan out, mark, cut and layout patchwork projects
- Sewing tips and hints for sewing patchwork pieces together
- Working with batting/wadding/polydown
- How to work with layers – backing, wadding, patchworked pieces
- How to use and sew on bias binding
- Quilted finishes
Throughout the class, students will work on completing their own patchwork table runner. There will be lots of tips and hints on patch working in general.
COSTS & INCLUSIONS:
This course takes runs from 10.30am – 4.30pm and costs €70 and it includes:
- All tuition
- All patterns and instructions
- Wadding and bias binding
- Use of our sewing machines
- Lunch and refreshments
Students need to bring or buy the Table Runner Pack in advance. You can order it when booking for €17.50 (normal price €20). This includes all the precut pieces (front and back) for the table runner. If you wish to bring your own fabric it needs to be pre-cut before the class. Call or email for the measurements.
If possible, students should bring their own basic sewing kit (scissors, tape measure, pins etc).
Students on the course get a 10% discount on fabrics/supplies bought in The Craft Cabin on the day.
Sat 8th December 10.30am – 4.30pm
BOOKING & MORE INFO:
A 50% deposit is needed to secure your booking and full payment must be paid in advance. For more information call us on 00353 49 9527424 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org