It’s no secret that a hand-made gift from a child on Mother’s Day is always going to be a winner – especially if it’s presented with a cup of tea in bed in the morning!
Here are a few ideas to get the kids creative juices going – along with links to the original sources for all the instructions.
- There is a big resource at Danielle’s Place with many different ideas, but we particularly like the “Mom, Thanks for Sticking by Me” Folding Craft Stick card!
- For an easy but cute printable card – have a look at ‘5 Things I Love About My Mom’ card from The Bird Feed NYC. Print it out, colour it in and decorate with all your favourite embellishments!
- Hand prints are always very effective in arty designs, and we found two great ideas to get those little palms covered in paint! Firstly, why not decorate a plant pot and put her favourite plant inside?
- Another hand print idea is to create a personalised tote bag! We have these canvas bags in stock at The Craft Cabin, and these would be a great gift! At We Made That.com there are step by step instructions for both the designs you see here.
- Finally, why not create a picture frame out of lolly sticks for a photo, drawing or other art? Here are instructions from Buggy and Buddy that use jigsaw pieces to cover the frame, but buttons are very effective too!
We have the canvas bags, lolly sticks, buttons, paint, card and many many other embellishments in stock – so call in and pick up your supplies or give us a call if there is something specific your are looking for.
Happy Mother’s Day!